I've shared an easy daily make-up routine, a contouring guide, and some general make up tips - but recently I've been going for something a bit more basic. I'll call it my "realistic" make up routine. It requires no foundation (maybe a bit of CC cream if my skin isn't cooperating) and takes a whole minute and a half. Its perfect for my day to day of errands and appointments (along with lots of sitting in from of a computer) and requires so little effort that on days when just getting out the door seems to require moving mountains, its still doable (the make up, not the mountain moving).
I thought my energy was supposed to come back during the second trimester but in the past week and a half I've felt like I've needed more rest than ever before. Hmmm.....
1. Oil-free Moisturizer: Its always been important for my skin to be amply moisturized and as a girl thats prone to freckles, this added SPF is perfect (especially when I'm skipping foundation that usually gives another 20 SPF). Ben and I have been using Neutrogena's Oil-free Moisturizers for years and he won't let me buy anything else (although he prefers the version without SPF and I use that one in the evenings).
2. Shine Control Powder: This is a new product I've only been using for about a week but I really love how it helps with this second trimester "glow" (everyone calls it a glow when really its just a lot more oil on your face). I use this mainly on my t-zone (without foundation for this look but its a great finishing powder over liquid foundation too) and it keeps the shine under control all day.
3. Moisturizing Color Stick: I'm wearing "fresh papaya" in these pictures (it smells heavenly) but I love all the colors. The deep berry would be great for fall and the best part is they're like putting on chapstick packed with color. Skip the lipstick and don't worry about your lips drying out with this one.
4. Nourishing Eye Liner: Here's a product I've been using for months (I picked one up for Alt Summit in January) and I love. It goes on very smooth and with a dark brown it looks a bit more natural than a stark black (and I can use a bit for shaping/filling in my brows if needed). I line my top lids, skip the bottom, and look a little more awake.
5. Waterproof Mascara: I have never been a waterproof mascara girl but these hormones are killing me! I cry. At everything. For our anniversary trip to the temple the other week I didn't even put on eye makeup because I knew it would run by the end of the night. And so, at least for the next few months, I'm trying out this waterproof version and not letting my constant tears dictate keep me from looking put together.
6. Healthy Skin Blends: This product I've been using since high school as a bronzer (I get the tan version called "sunkissed"). For a bit of quick color, I brushed some onto the hollows of my cheeks (and if I have an extra thirty seconds I'll contour a bit by adding some to the sides of my nose and blending a little into my hairline -- see this tutorial).
^I finish with a touch of perfume because nothing makes me feel pretty like my favorite scent
^and my go-to second trimester outfit to accompany my minute and a half make up routine: leggings and a long top
I am very quickly getting over my "leggings are not pants" opinion as I boycott the maternity store and nothing else accommodates my growing baby bump. I think it'll take a bit more to get me to wear them to social functions, but the grocery store is another matter entirely :)
chambray: years old
leggings: c/o Agnes and Dora
flats; c/o Lulus
hair via this tutorial
Target and Neutrogena have teamed up to bring a Target Beauty Concierge event at select Target stores around the country this month! Event begins August 24th. Limited quantities available. Check with your local Target store for Beauty Concierge day and times. They're also offering a 20% discount on Neutrogena products through the thirtieth!
...and after watching Hayden's three beauty videos I want to visit Nashville. Anyone up for a trip?