Getting out of the house these past few weeks has been a treat in and of itself. The combo of a new baby and freezing temperatures, does not for frequent outings make. We've ventured out a few times -- this weekend we even got crazy and took Linc on his first Target & Chick-fil-a run. With the nearest ones being 45 minutes away, we always hit both and its always a big deal (clearly its a big deal for Linc too - he slept through the whole thing).
In addition to getting out of the house, here are just a few things I'm feeling incredibly grateful for this week:
- Benjamin: Not only does he work so hard all day long, but he comes home, takes care of me, and then helps take care of Linc in the middle of the night. On Saturday he made breakfast, insisted I get out of the house for some "me time," cleaned, and came home later with flowers. Of all the things though, mostly I'm just grateful for the naps I get to take on weekends and the pictures I snap of him playing with Lincoln.
- Family within driving distance: After two weeks on our own, I'm ready for more visitors and can't wait for my family to get here! It isn't the fastest drive, but I am grateful for a mother who has been willing to make it monthly for the past little bit (she'll have clocked over 72 hours driving to visit me this year when this trip is done).
- Friends who bring me lunch: As much as I love getting out, sometimes it doesn't happen, so I love people who give me the excuse to put on something other than pajamas and bring me something I don't have to cook. Days with visitors are always better than those without.
- Clothes: Specifically, the couple items I can add back into my rotation each week. Slowly (and hopefully surely), I'm starting to fit into a few pre-pregnancy pieces. It is a wonder the power getting up and getting dressed can have.
- Music: When I'm home alone all day with a little baby, having something playing in the background has been a game changer. Also, Linc is going to know all the words to T.Swift before he can talk.
And a few pictures from an outing downtown a few weeks ago:
jacket: Sheinside, c/o (similar below)
denim: American Eagle
boots: Michael Kors
bag: Kate Spade
baby wrap: Husband & Co, c/o