Yes its great if you live in a beautiful home, or have a fabulous venue.
It would be fun to have a lot of money or buy a designer gown.
If you traveled the world or had a 5 star chef cater your wedding, it would be memorable.
Okay and while it turns out I do have a beautiful house back in NH (which we made the venue which was fabulous)...I don't have millions of dollars, and there are many places on my bucket list. I did not wear a designer gown or have a five star chef cook at my wedding (although let me tell you, our caterer could have fooled me). I still have a fantastic life, and I had a wonderful wedding.
So its the little things.
You can read about the details of the reception that I loved here:
My mom and I decided it really was going to be the little things that made the wedding - let me know how you think we did :)
I just wanted to share a few of my favorite little ideas I've come across
thanks to, yes, pinterest.
From top left corner:
1. Yes, that is one of my wedding pictures but I just loved that shot the photographer got. The classic shots are great, but it is the small, unique, seemingly unimportant shots that really make for good wedding pictures.
2. Messages from the bride to the bridesmaids...on their shoes! I love that idea - what a great way to personalize their wedding shoes.
3. An adorable save the date idea.
4. Another great save the date idea - people might actually use the bookmark!
5. A great way to capture the beauty of the ring without forgetting the couple.
6. I hadn't thought of thank you cards as pictures until pinterest....
7. Better than the "attending or not attending" on an RSVP
8. This is a great alternative to a sign in book (we used it): each guest finishes a sentence such as "true love is," "you know its love when," "love lasts forever if." They're so fun to read afterwards!
9. Fell in love with this other idea for a sign in book. I would have loved to hear what people had to say about that.
10. Cute grooms gift packaging idea - love the ties.
Great aren't they?
What are your favorite wedding details?
(your own, from one you attended, or from our favorite, pinterest :)
ps. here are the awesome people I'm linking up with today!
pps. don't forget to enter my giveaway!
11. Comfy couches on campus
12. Inspiring blogs
13. Wearing a t-shirt to school the first time this semester (it was going to be along day)
14. A constant prayer in my heart
15. Funny texts from friends that make me smile