Stuffed Pecan Rolls:
Dough:1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water 1/3 C oil2 Tbsp yeast (2 packets)1/3 C sugar1 1/2 tsp salt1 egg4 cups flour
Filling:1/3 C brown sugar1/3 C crushed graham crackers1/3 C chopped pecans (I chopped mine pretty finely for these)
Glaze:powdered sugarwatercinnamonchopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. In mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar briefly and then let it sit for 15 minutes. Mix in salt and egg and then add flour. Knead with dough hook until well incorporated and dough comes off the edges of the bowl (sticky but doesn't sick to your finger upon touch).
3. Mix brown sugar, crushed graham crackers, and chopped pecans in a small bowl.
4. Form dough into 12 balls. Before placing each ball on a greased 9 x 13 pan, stuff with 1 tbsp of filling. (The easiest way to do this is to flatten the ball into a circle, place the filling in the middle, and then fold up the sides, encasing the filling.)
5. Allow to rise for 10 minutes and then bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
6. While they're baking, mix up a simple glaze by adding a tiny bit of water to a small bowl of powdered sugar until the consistency is thick enough to drizzle (you don't want it too runny or it wont stay on the top of your rolls). I added a dash of cinnamon to mine along with some very finely chopped pecans. When the rolls are fresh out of the oven, let them cool for 2 minutes and then put a dollop of glaze on each roll, followed by a pinch of crushed pecans.